Here are the activities that each group will be working on today:
If this is your very first time here we’re going to do Minecraft Hour of Code, click on the link below to get started. You will need to create an account with a username and password. Pick something that you will remember when you come back next week.
After you’ve completed the Minecraft Hour of Code continue working your way through the exercises in the Accelerated Course:
Click the Sign In button in the top right corner and sign in with the email and password that you used to create your account last week. Then you should see a message on a purple background with an orange Continue button – click the Continue button.
When you have finished the the Code Studio Accelerated Course, you can Get Started With Scratch. First go to https://scratch.mit.edu/ and create an account (click the Join Scratch button). Then work your way through these exercises:
- Getting Started with Scratch – Open Scratch and click on tips (or the little question mark icon)
- Animate Your Name (follow the instructions in Scratch Tips)
- Create A Pong Game (follow the instructions in Scratch Tips)
- Race to the Finish (follow the instructions in Scratch Tips)
- The XY Coordinate System
Scratch – Guided
1. If you haven’t already finished the Fruit Picker project that you have been working on for the last 3 weeks you can finish it off this week. In this project we are learning about lists in Scratch. We will uses a list to store the names of different fruit that the character picks up.
2. If you have already finished Fruit Picker have a go at making this Pacman Game
Scratch – Freeform
PEN CHALLENGE: Create something in Scratch using only pen graphics. Do not import or draw any bitmap or vector graphics, see what you can do with just using the pen for graphics. You can create an animated graphic display, pattern generator or even a game!
here’s a simple game made using the pen:
here are some ideas: