Welcome back to CoderDojo!
Here are the activities that each group will be working on today:
If you are new to CoderDojo and new to computer programming this is where you start:
Scratch – Guided
NOTE: Make sure your computer has sound that works because you will need to listen to instructions in videos. If the sound is not working switch to a different computer if one is available.
Pictogram – Build An Image Editing Programme
Today we will create a program that uses filters to edit and alter images.
CHALLENGE: Can you complete ALL the Add-Ons?
Scratch – Freeform
CHALLENGE: Make An Aquarium Simulation
Basic Project Requirements:
- Create or Select an aquarium background.
- Populate your aquarium with fish that swim side to side and up and down. Make use of cloning.
- Have “Bubbles” that travel to the top of the water.
- Animate the fish to make the swim realistically
- Make a variable for Water Level use this variable to show the water level decreasing over time as water evaporates.
- Make a Button to “Fill the Tank” when it gets too empty.
- Make sure the fish do not “swim” above the waterline.
- Feed the fish
- What other cool ideas can you think of?
Python is the language that the Raspberry Pi group is using to program the Raspberry Pis. Use the login you have already created or if this your first time, start by clicking the Sign Up button in top right corner of screen and create an account for yourself to track your progress.
Raspberry Pi (with Microcontrollers and other cool stuff)
A collaborative group exploring how computers can interact with the outside world through a range of sensors and controllers. Primarily we’ll be using the RaspberryPi (http://raspberrypi.org) computer in conjunction with Arduinos (http://arduino.cc) and along the way we’ll learn about Python, C and C++ programming, digital and analogue electronics and about working together.